Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of continuing educational opportunities does AHLA offer?
- How do I access live events?
- How soon are recordings available after events take place and how do I access them?
- Which courses offer CLE credits?
- How do I obtain a certificate of event completion and transcript of CLE history?
- I would like to participate in a webinar by phone only, how do I access the dial-in information and obtain certificate of completion?
- How do I cancel my registration or get a refund?
- May I pay for my registration by check?
- May I fax my registration to AHLA?
- What is the “Listen with a Colleague" option?
- How do I add an event to my calendar?
- What are the system requirements for accessing an event?
- How do I define my interests to ensure the most accurate recommendations are displayed under the “Recommended for You" section?
- How do I reset my password?
- I have other questions (not addressed in this section), how do I contact Customer Support?
In-Person Programs - AHLA holds over 10 in-person programs each year on various topical areas as well as an Annual meeting, bringing an array of health law topics together that will appeal to anyone practicing health law. For more information, please visit our various in-person program web pages.
Webinars - AHLA holds over 10 webinars each month on various topical areas to reach those distance learners looking to continue their learning between in-person programs. Typically, webinars are 90-minute-long, live web-based seminars, planned by AHLA's Practice Group(s), Task Force(s), and/or Affinity Group(s). The presentation is followed by a Q&A session in which questions are submitted electronically to the presenters and the presenters answer them in real time during the event. Live webinars usually offer CLE credits and are paid events, with various discounts for AHLA members. Webinars can take the following formats:
- Bootcamp/Webinar Series – a sequential series of webinars that cover related subject matter (difficulty level varies).
- Brown Bag – a live web-based presentation that is typically held from Noon-1:00 pm Eastern and is presented in a virtual lunch and learn format. The sessions include a diversity of speakers with a range of experience and perspective.
- Roundtable Discussion – a live web-based presentation featuring an interactive discussion between the moderator and presenter(s), among the panelists, or between the presenter(s) and the audience through real-time electronically submitted questions.
- Public Interest (PI) Webinar – webinar that features a discussion and Q&A with government officials, Congressional staff, and/or researchers on major health policy issues. The webinar format provides a convenient means through which AHLA members, health care providers, the press, and others can receive a quick orientation to a major policy issue without a major interruption in their busy work schedules. PI webinars do not usually offer CLE credits.
Educational Calls/Webinars – Practice Groups, Affinity Groups through their Practice Groups, and Task Forces offer live calls featuring guest speakers who present on a specific topic followed by the group's business-related discussion. These calls are open exclusively to members of the corresponding group and are usually 60 minutes long. No CLE credits are available for participation.
On Demand – webinar/call recordings that are made available to registrants and for purchase approximately 24 hours after the live event. We do not apply for or issue CLE credits for our past program and webinar recordings. Please check with your State Bar as to whether self-study credits can be awarded. If you are interested in earning CLEs from past events, please visit the WestLegalEd Center and search “AHLA” under Keywords.
Once you complete your registration, please go to “My Events" section, select the event, and click on “Enter Meeting" icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
Event recordings are available for purchase 24 hours after an event take place; there is no advance purchase available. Once you complete your registration, please go to “My Events" section, select the event, and click on “View Web Content On Demand " icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
Only live webinars are eligible for CLE credits. Please note that participants must complete a course evaluation in order to obtain a certificate of completion. Please visit our Continuing Education page for more information on CLE credits.
To obtain a certificate and transcript of online distance learning events that occur on June 1, 2015 and beyond, please visit "My Events" and select "Transcript."
To obtain a transcript of in-person programs, please visit "myAHLA" and select the "My Education Credits" tab.
After you have registered for the webinar, please contact Customer Support for the dial-in information and instructions on how to obtain the certificate of completion.
AHLA has a no refund policy regarding all distance learning purchases (both live and recorded). If you have registered for a live event and have a scheduling conflict or have experienced an inconvenience causing you to miss part or all of an event, or if you need to cancel in advance, please contact Customer Support about the possibility of receiving a complimentary recording or having your registration fee applied to a future event.
No, AHLA no longer processes webinar registrations by check. All registrations are processed electronically and paid for by credit card.
No, AHLA no longer processes fax registrations. All registrations are processed electronically and paid for by credit card.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Even though each those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate under their own AHLA account, they will access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be announced at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
To register using this option, visit the description webpage of the desired webinar and click on the “Listen with a Colleague" tab.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact Customer Support.
Once you complete your registration, please go to “My Events" section, select the event, and click on “Add to Calendar" icon on the right of the webpage to add the event to your calendar.
Prior to a live event, you may test your web browser to be sure you have the required Flash software. To do so, direct your web browser to the following URL:
www.ec.commpartners.com. Click on the "Browser Test." If you pass the test, you will see a "Congratulations" message. If you do not, you will be given instructions on where you can download the newest version of Flash. This is a free download.
It is recommended that you use a high speed/broadband internet connect (Wifi is not recommended), a PC with Windows and Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher. If you are using a Mac, please use the Safari web browser.
To define your interest areas, please visit "My Profile" section.
To change your password, please visit "myAHLA."
If you need assistance with registration, accessing an event you have purchased, or other customer service-related issues, please contact Customer Support.