Arbitrator Conflicts and Disclosures
Recorded On: 05/09/2019
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
CLE Credit Available: Yes
Understanding what is an arbitrator conflict and what must be disclosed has become increasingly complex in the dispute resolution field. Speakers will discuss
- How to determine if a conflict exists. We will address rules, statutes, and caselaw regarding definitions, and particularly "evident partiality."
- What to disclose and how to disclose it without breaching client or matter confidentiality.
- We will discuss not only the consequences of non disclosure, but also the importance of both the appearance and the reality of total neutrality and lack of bias in the arbitral process.
- We also will address conflicts arising out of matters handled by other lawyers in the prospective arbitrator's law firm, what must be disclosed, how to search for potential conflicts, and confidentiality issues.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
- AHLA Member: $149
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $99
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $99
AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" link on Overview tab): $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $199
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Healthcare Liability & Litigation Practice Group
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.