Disruptive Physician Behavior: Addressing Issues Beyond a Discussion Over Coffee
Includes a Live Event on 03/03/2020 at 2:00 PM (EST)
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
CLE Credit Available: Yes
In most states, AHLA webinars meet the requirements for continuing legal education and attorneys may self-apply for CLE credit. AHLA’s live distance learning webinars are pre-approved for CLE credit in the following states: Alabama, Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. Please refer to Distance Learning CLE reporting procedure for more information.
This webinar will address the highly engaging topic of how to address disruptive physician behavior. Items to be addressed include:
- establishing internal programs to address practitioners who exhibit behaviors that undermine a hospital's culture of safety
- efforts at early interventions that go beyond the collegial or "cup of coffee" conversations
- input from behavior committee or professionalism committees
- what to include in professionalism policies
- providing tools to assist physicians with stopping their pattern of inappropriate behavior before it creates a black mark on their career
- use of third party programs to address behavior
- measures to address broader issues such as burnout or concerns with culture
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
- AHLA Member: $149
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $99
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $99
AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" link on Overview tab): $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $199
- Medical Staff, Credentialing, and Peer Review
Robert Fielder, MA
Dispute Resolution Mediator & Coach
Hospital Practice Consultants, LLC
Aaliyah K. Eaves, JD, PhD, LLM, HEC-C
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Chehardy, Sherman, Williams, Murray, Recile, Stakelum & Hayes, PPL
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.