Digital Therapeutics: Emerging Legal, Regulatory, and Ethical Issues
Includes a Live Event on 05/22/2019 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
CLE Credit Available: Yes
Topic: Evidence-based digital therapeutics promise to improve health care quality, outcomes, and value through the use of advanced technology and data-driven interventions.
This session will cover the following:
- Evolving business models for digital therapeutics companies (and associated legal/regulatory issues)
- Digital providers
- partnerships/business arrangements (several examples of partnerships/business arrangements between big pharma, big data, payors, and startups)
- Areas of Medicine Best Positioned for Digital Therapeutics
- chronic diseases/behavioral
- high-data/multifactorial diagnoses
- Key legal/regulatory issues for digital therapeutics companies (FDA, FTC, privacy and security, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement)
- Physician/Provider Use of Digital Therapeutics (and associated legal/regulatory issues)
- standard of care
- agreements between physicians/providers and digital therapeutics companies
- Digital therapeutic providers supplying healthcare: contracting, status, obligations, risks
- The Future of Digital Therapeutics
- emerging legal/regulatory and ethical issues (and some predictions)
Level of Difficulty: Advanced
- AHLA Member: $149
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $99
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $99
AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" link on Overview tab): $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $199
- Life Sciences Practice Group
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.