2019 Fair Market Value Webinar Series, Part II
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
CLE Credit Available: Yes
Topic: FMV Strategies for Compensating Employed Physicians in Today’s Competitive Market
The webinar will bring together top legal and valuation experts to discuss the requirements of FMV and commercial reasonableness surrounding employed physicians, including issues and challenges associated with determining and documenting appropriate levels of compensation. Issues covered in the webinar will include:
- Stark and Anti-kickback considerations for both currently employed and physicians being recruited;
- Valuation approaches and key considerations when recruiting physicians;
- Understanding the impact of recruiting incentives and FMV;
- Structuring income guarantees;
- Stacking considerations and commercial reasonableness;
- Strategies for reviewing written valuation reports; and
- Challenges associated with call coverage, quality incentives, administrative/ medical director service arrangements, and APC supervision.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
- AHLA Member: $149
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $99
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $99
AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" link on Overview tab): $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $199
- Fair Market Value Affinity Group
Partnering AHLA Group
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
Joe N. Wolfe, JD (Moderator)
Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman PC
ProMedica Health System, Inc.
Bricker & Eckler LLP
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.