Arbitrator Conflicts and Disclosures - On Demand Recording
Recorded On: 05/09/2019
Time: 90 minutes
Session Format: On Demand Recording
CLE Credit Available: No
For on-demand webinar recordings, streaming access is available for 12-months from the date of the live webinar. After 12-months, on-demand webinar recordings are available through the AHLA Health Law Archive.
Understanding what is an arbitrator conflict and what must be disclosed has become increasingly complex in the dispute resolution field. Speakers will discuss
- How to determine if a conflict exists. We will address rules, statutes, and caselaw regarding definitions, and particularly "evident partiality."
- What to disclose and how to disclose it without breaching client or matter confidentiality.
- We will discuss not only the consequences of non disclosure, but also the importance of both the appearance and the reality of total neutrality and lack of bias in the arbitral process.
- We also will address conflicts arising out of matters handled by other lawyers in the prospective arbitrator's law firm, what must be disclosed, how to search for potential conflicts, and confidentiality issues.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
- AHLA Member: $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $149
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Healthcare Liability & Litigation Practice Group