Moving Beyond Basics: A Bootcamp For Hospital Lawyers & Advisors, Part IV - Listen With a Colleague
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Listen With a Colleague
Discussion Topic: Tips & Tricks for Common Hospital & Physician Relationships
Part IV of this 8-part series will examine Attorneys for physicians and hospitals will exchange views regarding common physician-hospital contracts and relationships, as well as key contracting issues and observations on how hospitals and physicians can more effectively collaborate; Contracts with physicians: recruitment, employment, medical directors, management agreements, clinical co-management, call coverage agreements; Real Estate and Equipment Leases and Timeshare Arrangements; Medical Staff Incidental Benefits; Professional Courtesy; Joint Ventures ; Practice Acquisitions; and Hot Trends in Hospital / Physician Relationships (Compensation structures reflecting value-based payment models Planning for physician retirement and expected physician shortages).
Level of Difficulty: Fundamental
Fundamental-level programs generally offer topical overviews and are designed to introduce practitioners to issues with which they have little or no familiarity. Speakers will begin the program providing context and background information on this area of health law. This program is designed to provide a basic, general understanding of the subject matter for those who have not practiced law in the specialty and for those with one to two years of experience in this specialty and/or the practice of health law.
- AHLA Member: $75
- Non-AHLA Member: $95
Sponsoring AHLA Group:
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
Co-sponsoring AHLA Group:
- Fraud & Abuse Practice Group
- Health Information & Technology
- In-House Council Practice Group
- Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group
- Physician Organizations Practice Group
- Payers, Plans and Managed Care Practice Group
- Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group
- Tax & Finance Practice Group
- Enterprise Risk and Management Task Force Practice Group
- Children's Hospital Affinity Group Practice Group
Live webinars are eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. Please refer to the Distance Learning CLE State Chart for details regarding specific state guidelines.
- For attorneys licensed in states in which live distance learning programs are approved and AHLA possesses approved provider/sponsor status: AHLA webinars are pre-approved for CLE credit. Certificates of completion are made available immediately following the webinar upon completion of the course evaluation. Those states are: Indiana, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- For attorneys licensed in states in which live distance learning programs are approved and AHLA does not possess approved provider/sponsor status: participants are able to apply directly to their state accrediting body for approval for and accreditation of AHLA-sponsored webinars. The application and agenda are available for download during the live event and any time thereafter; certificates of completion are made available immediately following the webinar upon completion of the course evaluation.
- In states in which live distance learning programs are not approved, it is still possible to obtain CLE credit by applying directly to the state's accrediting body for “self-study" credit where applicable.
Other, Non-CLE Credits
AHLA webinars are only presumptively approved for CLE credits unless otherwise stated. To obtain other credit types (Continuing Professional Education, Compliance Certification Board, Nursing Home Administrator, etc.) participants may apply directly their desired licensing body, but approval is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of said licensing body and subject to its rules and regulations.
For additional information about Distance Learning-related credits, please email the Practice Groups staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.