Moving Beyond Basics: A Bootcamp For Hospital Lawyers & Advisors, Part VII
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
Discussion Topic: Key Tips for Overcoming HIPAA Hurdles -- An Inside and Outside Perspective
Hospitals face HIPAA Privacy and Security issues on a daily basis. From cyberattacks to snooping employees, HIPAA hurdles can be challenging to overcome – to say the least. In this webinar, we will take privacy and security scenarios that hospitals face each day and discuss how to address the privacy and security issues head on from the perspective of a hospital compliance officer, outside counsel, and a consultant. Key topics will include:
- Cybersecurity awareness and proactive preparation;
- Breach/Incident Response;
- Business Associate relationships and Vetting your Vendors on the front end;
- Risk Analysis – Your documentation vs. OCR’s expectations – how to bridge the gap between the two;
- Innovation and HIPAA – how the two can coexist; and
- Convincing your boss(es) to invest in privacy and security – key tips for helping executives see privacy and security as a business issue.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Intermediate-level programs generally offer focused discussions regarding common legal issues pertaining to the program topic. Intermediate programs include legal updates and changes in the law. Speakers will assume the audience has a working knowledge of this specialty of health law, and there will be limited review of the fundamentals. This program is designed to provide a targeted, comprehensive analysis of the subject matter for those practicing law in this specialty for three to seven years and/or those whose practice is periodically focused in the covered subject area.
- Member of Sponsoring Practice Group(s) (see "Sponsor(s)" tab for details): $99
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $75
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $50
- Other AHLA Member: $150
- Non-AHLA Member: $325
- AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" tab for details): $75
- AHLA Non-Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" tab for details): $95
Sponsoring AHLA Group:
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
Co-sponsoring AHLA Group:
- Fraud & Abuse Practice Group
- Health Information & Technology
- In-House Council Practice Group
- Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group
- Physician Organizations Practice Group
- Payers, Plans and Managed Care Practice Group
- Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group
- Tax & Finance Practice Group
- Enterprise Risk and Management Task Force Practice Group
- Children's Hospital Affinity Group Practice Group
Director, Healthcare Advisory Services
Madison, New Jersey
Lauren Z. Groebe
Iliana Peters (Moderator)
David Corbett, J.D
HIPAA Security Officer and Medical Campus Information Security Officer
Boston University Information Services & Technology
Other, Non-CLE Credits
For additional information about Distance Learning-related credits, please email the Practice Groups staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.