PPMC Educational Call (February 2020)
Time: 12:00-12:45 PM Eastern (45 minutes)
Format: Educational Call
Topic: Inside view of how social determinants of health (SDOH) have evolved since before they became popular, how health care payors are integrating SDOH into traditional health care coverage to improve patient health, and legal constraints and opportunities for managed care companies.
- Why health is not just about healthcare
- How social determinants of health (SDOH) have evolved since before it was a buzzword
- How health care payors (health plans, PBMs, and state and federal governments) are integrating SDOH into traditional health care coverage and service delivery to improve patient health
- Legal constraints and opportunities for managed care companies
- Medicaid managed care
- Medicare Advantage
- Commercial market
- Operational and practical challenges in addressing SDOH from the managed care perspective
Note: No CLE offered for this course.
For access to the recording, please visit the sponsoring Practice Group page.
- Payers, Plans, and Managed Care