Protecting Research and Intellectual Property from Theft
Includes a Live Event on 11/21/2019 at 2:00 PM (EST)
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)
Session Format: Live Webinar
CLE Credit Available: Yes
Topic: Research and compliance
Speakers will review the following:
- Proactive measures to protect research and IP, including risk assessments, controls assessments, establishment of travel and information security protocols, training, table top exercises, and background screening of employees
- Reactive measures if an issue is identified, including engaging counsel to conduct an investigation, dealing with potential export control or sanctions violations, false claims and false statements issues related to grant certifications, etc.
- Other practical suggestions, including establishing insider threat and compliance programs with a security company
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
- AHLA Member: $149
- Government, Academician, Public Interest, or Solo Practitioner AHLA Member: $99
- Student, Paralegal, or Retired AHLA Member: $99
AHLA Member Listen with a Colleague Option (see "Listen with a Colleague" link on Overview tab): $99
- Non-AHLA Member: $199
- Academic Medical Centers and Teaching Hospitals
The “Listen with a Colleague" option allows multiple registrants from the same organization and location to participate in the webinar at a discounted rate. It may ONLY be used if at least one person from your organization and location has registered at the regular/full webinar registration rate. Please note that those who register under the reduced “Listen with a Colleague" rate must access the webinar from the same location and computer as the full-priced registrant they are registered under.
The “Listen with a Colleague" option is continuing legal education (CLE) credit-eligible. In order to obtain a certificate of completion for submission to a state CLE accrediting body, those registered under this option must obtain the attendance verification code—which will be displayed at a random time during the webinar—and enter that code under “Verification Code for Live Webinar" section of the webinar description webpage. Please note that each registrant must submit a complete evaluation from their individual accounts to obtain a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about this registration option, please contact customer support.