Regulation, Accreditation, and Payment Practice Group Open Membership Call—January 2016
Recorded On: 01/06/2016
Time: 3:00-4:00 PM Eastern (60 minutes)
Format: Open Membership Call
Discussion Topic: The End of Off-Campus Provider-Based Payments? The New Site-Neutral Statutory Payment Provision and Its Implications
On November 2, 2015, with very little advanced notice or opportunity for stakeholder discussion, a new Medicare "site-neutral" payment provision was enacted, cutting off hospital outpatient reimbursement to most new off-campus outpatient facilities effective January 1, 2017. During this call, the speakers will discuss the following:
- Background of the provision;
- Current status of its implementation;
- Anticipated impacts and insight into what this provision means for the future of Medicare payments across provider types; and
- Its implications for other programs and payors, including the 340B Program.
Special attention will be given to areas that remain open to interpretation by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and practical considerations will be offered.
- Member of Regulation, Accreditation, and Payment Practice Group: $0
- Government, Academician, Student, or PG 15 AHLA Member:$0
Sponsoring AHLA Group:
- Regulation, Accreditation, and Payment Practice Group
Prior to a live event, you may test your web browser to be sure you have the required Flash software. To do so, direct your web browser to the following URL: www.ec.commpartners.com. Click on the "Browser Test." If you pass the test, you will see a Congratulations message. If you do not, you will be given instructions on where you can download the newest version of Flash. This is a free download.
It is recommended that you use a high speed/broadband internet connect (Wifi is not recommended), a PC with Windows and Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher. If you are using a Mac, please use the Safari web browser.